The Filter Search allows you to find campuses and centers based on certain criteria. Some general tips to using the Filter Search:
- Directory entries are by campus names. One center in Denver (CO) serves 3 campuses and one center in Claremont (CA) serves 7 campuses. These campuses are all located in the Southwest region. If you are reporting out data from a Filter Search, please keep in mind that more campuses are listed than centers serving them. For example, if 245 campuses are listed in the Directory, then 237 centers/offices exist providing LGBT resources.
- Once you click on a letter in the A-to-Z, you must click on “All” to return to all centers in the Directory. You can clear search criteria (but not the A-to-Z selection) by clicking “Reset.” Thus, the best way to return to all campuses listed in the Directory is to click on both “All” by the A-to-Z and the “Reset” button at the top right corner of the Listing page.
- You can find campuses by State/Province using the “Sort By” filter at the bottom of the Search panel and selecting “State/Province.” Search by Region first to narrow the results.
- Filter searches are cumulative – until you click “Reset,” each criteria selected is added to the criteria already submitted. Please note that each criteria selected is highlighted in grey.
- You can select more than one criteria (for example, enrollment from 10,000 to 20,000 and 20,000 to 30,000) by holding down the Control key on a PC or the Command key on a Mac.
- Stand-alone LGBTQ center: A space you can walk into whose sole-purpose is providing LGBTQ services or resources, directed by professional staff or a GA.
- Within Women’s or Gender Equity Office: Office includes staff whose job description specifically focuses on LGBTQ concerns.
- Within Cross-Cultural or Diversity Office: Office includes staff whose job description specifically focuses on LGBTQ concerns.
- Other: Staff position is housed within Student Life, a Wellness Center, or some other office. Please see “Notes” under Intuitional Info for clarification.
Criteria selected by Carnegie Classification. Please see “Notes” under Intuitional Info for occasional clarification.
- Community College
- Bachelor’s Conferring / General
- Bachelor’s Conferring / Liberal Arts
- Master’s Conferring
- PhD Conferring / Research
Criteria selected by Carnegie Classification.
- Under 5,000
- 5,000 to 10,000
- 10,000 to 20,000
- 20,000 to 30,000
- 30,000 to 40,000
- More than 40,000
The Directory uses regions established by the Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals.
- Northwest: Alaska, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming
- Midwest: Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Great Lakes: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin
- Northeast: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Ontario, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Southwest: Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah
- South Central: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas
- South/Southeast: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
- Mid-Atlantic: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Religiously-Affiliated Institution: campus administration answers to a religious institution.
- Historically Black College / University: institutions of higher education in the United States that were established before the Civil Rights Act of 1964 with the intention of primarily serving the African-American community.
- Women’s College: single-sex U.S. institutions of higher education that historically only admit female students.
- Resources Directed by a Graduate Assistant: a GA works 20 hours a week as the primary director of LGBT resources and services for the campus.
- Student Government-Affiliated Center: office space and budget part of Student Government.
Notes regarding any of the Directory listings may be added manually. Please use the Update Request form.